Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

For the Birds


Today I took a huge leap. I sent out an email with hopes of selling some of the birdhouses I paint. I started this hobby a little over a year ago because the children liked to paint, and I ran out of things to paint on paper, so I picked up some birdhouses. Because I'm not good at detail painting, I started adding other small things, like the clay daffodils you see at right. As the year has gone on, my collection of painted birdhouses has grown, and I need space. Plus, it would be nice to recupe the cost of my habit. However, I don't paint enough to have a booth at a craft mall or a booth at a craft fair, so maybe word of mouth will get around and the B Unique Creations in my garage will find new homes.


Some other birdhouses include...







2 comments:

  1. These are great. I love the daffodills. Have you tried Craig's List? www.craigslist.com they have one in all the states and regions. I need to list some of the *stuff* in my basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    I actually considered that. My husband and our neighbor both suggested eBay, but for whatever reason, that doesn't settle with me. Craig's List was my first thought for all still in need of a home in a week or two.

    ReplyDelete