Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What About You?

I've been catching up on some blog reading this afternoon, and I read a few comments that included "me, too" in them. It turned on the wheels, and I began to wonder what life experiences I've had that others might have had, whether they be weird, sad, fun, exciting, or whatever. So I thought I would ask. If you want to play, consider yourself tagged and jump in. I'd love to know about you, and you never know what parts of your life are parts of other people's lives, too.

Below are some of the things I've done or experienced in my life. What about you?

1. I have petted a shark. It was little, but it was cool.
2. I've known the heart ache of loosing a parent.
3. I've known the joy of having a friend who sees into and through me and still loves me.
4. I played high school sports: basketball, volleyball, track.
5. I have an older brother.
6. I love my step-dad. He rocks.
7. I was told I would never be able to have children. (Then I had two.)
8. I've lost friends to senseless accidents and people acting irresponsibly, such as driving while drunk.
9. I love Christmas shopping.
10. I love to dance to country and western music.
11. I'm barefoot right now.
12. I think my husband is incredible.
13. I love walking in the rain.
14. To me one of the greatest gifts in the world is time with folks I love.
15. I like dogs.

What about you?

5 comments:

  1. 1.I have know the heart ache of losing my FIL
    2.I was also told I would never have children (what is up with these Dr's. I guess they don't know the power of the Lord!)
    3.I was a nerd in high school
    4.I hate Christmas shopping so I got it done really early. I love to give gifts, just not crowded malls.
    5.I have on long socks and slippers and am considering putting on another pair- my feet are cold. It's 15 here now.
    6.I love all things glitzy
    7. I love Christmas
    8. I did a simulated sky dive and hated it
    9. I hate scary movies
    10. I hate the traditional New Years Song. Ugh

    Come join The Great Santa debate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I have petted a shark-also little, but it made me really mad at the fishermen that gut them alive at the beach near me
    2.Fortunately, not yet. I did lose my father's longtime girlfriend 7 years ago, and I still miss her so much- I
    would love to talk to her right now
    3.Yes, me too
    4.I spent every spare second at a stable riding horses, so, no
    5.Nope, one older sister
    6.Me too
    7.Yes, actually, and I had 3, I just needed c-sections(kinda scary that that in this little cross section of society there have been 2 similar diagnosis)
    8.Yeah
    9.Yes!
    10.Does David Crowder Band doing "I Saw The Light" count?
    11.Yep
    12.Ohhh, yes-still can't believe I somehow roped him into this whole deal, still stare at him in amazement while he sleeps,still marvel at his goodness and kindness and wisdom, and am so grateful for his spiritual leadership of our family even though I was brought up sort of man hater/woman superiority-ish, I am always in awe of him(I've got a little crush on him,shhh)
    13.Oh, yeah
    14.Isn't it?
    15.My very favorite of all time friend of my baby sister(who lived with me during breaks from college for 3 years, my sister, not the friend) was Melanie, because she fed my dog Bruno Cherry Garcia ice cream from a spoon-my first son's middle name is Bruno. After the dog. I know it's rednecky, but we were together for 15 years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sky dive--want to hurl. When my brother and I went to see *Return of the King* and they were on the stares, I whispered to Raymond, "I'm going to be sick."
    He whispered back, "Close your eyes."
    Without taking my eyes off the screen, I replied, "I can't."
    He shook both our chairs laughing.

    I get Bruno. We had Gummie (short for Fulghum as in Robert Fulghum who learned all he needed to know in kindergarten) for 14 years. She died March of last year. I still miss her horribly. When we put her ornaments on the tree, my eyes teared up...just like they are doing right now. Yeah, I get Bruno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been catching up a little on your blog. I haven't had much blogging time lately . . . :o( Anyway, I loved the story of your son as well as those awesome thoughts on joy.

    As far as the me, too posts, I can say "Me, too" to #3 and #'s 10-14.

    My step dad and mom divorced, but I really liked him, so I can sort-of claim that one, too.

    I'm really glad you got those two awards. I believe God was affirming what He is doing with and through and in you.

    Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete