Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Want Out of Prison? Believe Someone Knows You are Valuable

I posted this on Facebook this morning. It isn't elegant or polished or "write-ified for publication", but as busy as I am right now, I could easily forget to return to this later, and some of you need to hear. Right now. Because the best time to walk out of prison is always right now.


Because multiple people have expressed frustration and emotional concern that I am not replying quickly enough (or at all) to texts/emails/phone calls, let's deal with this. REALLY deal with this because you deserve better.

If you text/email/call in the next 3 weeks, please know if it is not life threatening, I may not respond. Yes, I do care. You should know my heart by now and know I care. Stop thinking past crap and think right now, me, our friendship. You know I care. That is why you call/text/email me. YOU KNOW I CARE AND AM PRAYING FOR YOU. However, I am also living a life that is a bit ramped up right now. You ARE valuable. However, you will truly be fine if I don't reply. I believe in you and more than that, I believe in God IN you.

I'm not saying this to be patronizing or condescending. I've been the person that if someone didn't call back, reply, email, or comment then I was sure I had made them mad, done something stupid, or failed at being a human...again. I have the hat, t-shirt, and rocking tiara to prove it. I understand the anguish. I understand the mental and emotional torture. It is a prison, and Jesus came to set us free from ALL prisons. I want you out of this prison, too, so here is my key and I'm opening the cell you are in associated with me. Are you with me? Ready?

I love you. I am grieving or rejoicing or pleading with the King for you accordingly. I will still be loving you when things have settled down and we can have a long talk or a few glasses of tea. My heart is for you. I read every text and email. I pray for you and what concerns you. I see how amazing you are, and I know you are a gift. When these demands settle and I can, I will reply, call, or sit and talk long, and when that time comes, I will still know you are amazing and still recognize you as a gift.

This is the key I offer you so you can walk out of this torturous prison. All you have to do to walk out is trust me. Know my heart is for you. Believe I know you are valuable. YOU believe you are valuable to me. THIS is your freedom. I hope you choose it.

love you....even when I'm quiet...

No comments:

Post a Comment