Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Life with God can be SO Funky!

You know, I used to really struggle with God. I didn't understand Him. I didn't know HIM. I knew theology. I knew hell fire and brim stone. I knew stories about this God waiting to squish me like a bug if I messed up, but that is not the God I've come to know. The God I know now is breathtaking beyond anything I could dream or imagine. He is loving and gentle and kind, and, yes, He disciplines me, but even that is driven by mercy and love. He is no longer some God in heaven I... serve. He is my Lover, my Husband, my Best Friend, my Encourager, my Comfort, and my Partner in the wildest adventure I could have ever dreamed. Every day with Him is like some wild new thing.

This morning I was thinking about yesterday, and the way the Lord let me pray for people and speak into them and how some people spoke into me. They spoke to exactly what I had been praying about, and I am so thankful for that. Obviously, it is always wonderful to know God adores me enough to speak to stuff I don't tell anyone else about, but it also assured me that I am not missing it. The road did change radically from what I thought we were doing, which is fine because whatever road we take is going to be flipping awesome because, hello, I'm with God.

But this morning I was pondering all of yesterday, and I started to laugh and just said, "God, life with you is so funky." And, yes, in that instant, I heard music. The attached video is a good visual for my life with God right now, and the choreography is perfect too! I'm watching going, "Really, you want me to do that?!" And about the time I think I have a handle on that, it changes. LOL Life with God really is breathtaking and amazing. I won't lie and tell you it is easy. If you are really living with God, He will stretch you beyond yourself until He is the only one who can make something happen, and the stretching is hard, but WOW! When that "something only God can do" happens...like I said...He is breathtaking.

Hope you are having a gloriously funky day!



Jerri L. Kelley
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment