Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Abnormally Blessed

As I write the latest update on life here, Fred lies happily exhausted at my feet. He has spent much of his morning wrestling with toys and receiving treats for learning to sit. His breathing is deep and regular, and his personality is delightful. All in all, I think life is good for Fred, and Fred is full of life.

This weekend has found us full of joy and laughter. It is a wonderful change from the tense last two weeks. This weekend we were blessed to enjoy my father-in-law, who is on a 10-day trip around the south that allows him to see all three of his sons and their families. As it turned out, we were the first on the list, and we have had a great time.

We took him to some of our favorite restaurants, and Friday night we went to see Cars. Confession: I would have bailed out of it if I could have, but it was a family thing, and we all know how “family things” work. You go and enjoy the people even if you can’t enjoy the “thing”. Well, as it turned out, I enjoyed both. The movie was a hoot (southern speak for “very funny”), and the company was fantastic.

Saturday found us sort of wandering in and out of the house and getting ready for a big family get together. My mom, stepdad, and brother all came for dinner, and we had a great time. It was a family get together of the non-stressful sort—yes, those exist. We sat and talked and ate, and it was good.

Sunday was an easy going day. I bought a monster badminton set on my “out and about” Saturday, and my husband put it up yesterday morning. Talk about too much fun! We laughed so hard that we couldn’t play. It was a hit, and we all look forward to playing again. The rest of the day was spent being laid back. Rob and his dad watched NASCAR on TV, and last night the adults watched the NBA Finals game. GO MAVS!!!! The kids just enjoyed their day, and I treated them to some pool time at our neighbor’s.

All in all, the weekend was wonderful. Now it is Monday. Pop is at the airport by now, and Rob is on his way to work. My son has returned to his room, which had been Pop’s for the weekend. Life has pretty much returned to normal, and the children, who loved having Pop here, have said it is nice to have life the way it usually is. In fact, they are wondering when we are going to have our usual breakfast, so I shall go do my usual part of getting our day going.

Hoping you enjoy the abnormal blessings of life and find comfort in the consistent ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment