Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Finally Being Still

Isn't it strange how quickly a few days can zip by? I've actually had a few emails from folks asking if I am okay because they have not heard from me since last week's sadness. Yes, I am fine. I'm being still. After a rather wild few weeks, it seems like a wise thing to do, and it has been good, too. The wonderful thing about being still is God showing up. He says, "Be still and know I am God." Notice we don't get the invitation to be crazy busy and know He is God. Nope. Be still and know He is God. So I've been being still, and He's been revealing Himself. It's been quite delightful.

I hate to leave y'all hanging at that, but I really don't know what to say in explanation. I find when I get still in my recliner and close my eyes and begin to focus on Him, answers to questions come to mind. Sometimes a wonderful revelation will be made known to me. Sometimes I just feel His presence so intensely, and it is soothing and renewing. That is what has been going on lately.

I contacted Studio G, a women's magazine published by our church, and I will be submitting articles to them. This has once again sent me trudging around a mountain that I was hoping had been tossed into the ocean (if you get the metaphor). When I started writing for Handmaidens (www.handmaidens.org/zine.htm), I got really nervous. I know Iona. I've known her for years. In fact, she is the one who felt led to set up my website, www.jerrismunchies.com. We know each other's hearts, and I am comfortable with her, but when I went on staff for her, my thought was, "What will I write?!" I felt completely under-equipped and overwhelmed. What had I done?! But I went back to the Lord and asked a simple question, "What do you have to say to these precious women? How do you want to say it?" Suddenly, the block was gone, and I was rolling a new format around in my head. Before I knew it, my first article was done.

With Studio G, I have had to go through the same process, except far more brief. I was sent a list of article suggestions, and I read them a few times and thought, "This is nuts. I don't write any of that stuff. What am I doing?" Honestly, I was on my way to working myself into a pretty good self-absorbed "I can't do this" when the Holy Spirit brought to mind Handmaidens. Suddenly, the tizzy fiizzled out, and I asked a simple question, "Lord, what do you want to say?" Right now, I have a few thoughts, but nothing absolute.

The only real absolutes I have are that I am only the one typing the message, not the One dictating the message, and if God has something to say, He'll tell me. In the meantime, I'll just keep being still and knowing He is God--the One who answers my problems, the One who soothes me with His presence, and the One who dictates articles He wants people to hear.

May your stillness be full of the knowledge of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment