Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Sister in Need of Prayer

We have a sister in need of prayer. Wendy's beloved left for Iraq today. He will be home 15 months from now. I've never had to watch my husband and the father of my children leave for a war zone. I cannot imagine the emotions, and even if I could, it doesn't matter. Today Wendy hurts. Her young son hurts.

Please visit her blog regularly to encourage her, but more than that, add Wendy, Corban, and Greg to your prayer lists.

Wendy listed a few concerns:
--Greg's safety
--Corban's adjustment
--Her heart
--Hers and Corban's safety
--Christian men to bond with and support Greg

On behalf of our sister in Christ, I thank you for your prayers and support.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Friend, Thank you for the prayers and encouragement. I am blessed by your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete