Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Rest Stop

As many of you know, we have been working on a house remodel for about four months. We finished the main part of the interior over Memorial Day weekend--10:25 pm to be precise, and we have been prepping the outside for painting and gutters.

I guess the demands have gotten to me because I noticed some congestion Thursday. It was worse Friday morning, so I took some strong decongestant to prevent a sinus infection. By Friday afternoon, I knew it wasn't good. I was steadily spiraling downward.

Because we know a few folks who have had pnuemonia in the last few weeks, I went to the doctor first thing Saturday morning. Praise God I do not have a sinus infection or pnuemonia. However, I do have viral bronchitis. Simply put, that is a bronchitis that has to run its course with the help of meds to keep my lungs open so I don't end up with pnuemonia. The estimated course running time is 2 to 3 weeks.

My treatment involves prednisone, lying around, and not talking. Sounds kind of silly since my voice is fine, but truly, I can tell an immense difference in my fatigue level when I have to talk. The airways swell, and the energy level drops very quickly. Isn't the human body utterly amazing? God has built in so many fail-safes.

I'm telling you all of this for a few reasons.

First, I need prayer. My family is being great, but all of you know it is simply not realistic to sit and not talk when you are the stay at home mom. I need to get better. I also need common sense in what is important and what isn't.

Second, I need prayer. Prednisone makes PMS look like a smiley face. On the up side, my children get to see me get to practice humble apologies a lot. Hopefully, they are learning something good from that.

Third, I know it seems that with all my extra time I could write some posts. Well, if I were sleeping and thus, actually able to think clearly (without blog rage capability at the drop of a single vowel), I would love to write. Got tons to tell you wonderful folks, but this is one pendulum ride I will take by myself. Even a fool is thought wise when he keeps his mouth shut, and at least for this moment in time, I'm no dummy.

So, please pray for us. Y'all are the best intercessors in the world, and I am so thankful for you. Just to give you time frames, I have about five more days of prednisone pergatory--although it sure helps me breathe and I thank God for the person who developed it. We could really use prayers for that, and I'm about five days into the 2-3 week course study for this virus. It would be wonderful if God made it a 5 1/2 day virus.

Again, thank you for your prayers.

Deep appreciation for you all....

6 comments:

  1. you definitely have my prayers! i hope you are back and better than ever really soon!!

    and i am thinking the lakers will get a win tonight. the celtics shouldn't get too comfortable with a 2-0 lead. my mavs once had that in the finals, and we all saw what happened to them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, praying for your family. Even though we are MILES apart you will always be a close friend. God is a God of healing. I pray that your is quick but you still get to rest and enjoy your family. Let them pamper you a little! We all love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerri - I am praying. Hope you'll feel better really soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jerri, praying you are feeling better soon and that you know God's presence and peace in a special way during this time of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerri,
    Thank you for stopping by and for thinking of me. I am leaving for a month to go see family and I am praying that that will help. I will not be able to talk to my man as much though as we talk almost daily right now. Technology is great. Thank goodness for Web cams! It really helps me to see him and talk to him although we never seem to have enough time.
    I hope that you are better. My email by the way is gwg0208@hotmail.com. Can you also send me the Beautiful Women series for personal reference.
    Resting in HIS arms ....
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. best line: Prednisone makes PMS look like a smiley face. Seriously, though, I feel for you and am praying for you right now. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete