Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gratitude 7--Fall

I love fall. I love the whole woner of it. There is something amazingly peaceful about fall, like settling down for a long sleep after a hectic day, and who isn't thankful for that?

But there's more. I have other reasons I am thankful for fall, including...

1. The acoustical joy of walking across the blanket of brown leaves in our front yard.
2. The bright red leaves that fall from our neighbor's tree and mix with the brown oak leaves that carpet our yard.
3. Cooler days.
4. Chilly nights.
5. Sleeping bags when we camp out...even when it is only in the backyard.
6. Cozy jackets.
7. Having lunch outside and not sweating.
8. The spindly arms of trees as they slip out of their spring and summer garments and drop them at their feet.
9. Mums.
10. Long walks any time of day.
11. Keeping the windows open.
12. The explosion of colorful leaves. We've missed those some this year in Texas, but some years it is like fireworks just above our heads.
13. Warm blankets to wrap in when I have my quiet time on the deck.
14. Apple cider.
15. Pumpkins.
16. Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. love, love, love!! the poetic description in #8! magnificent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list. We could have snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this list! Fall is my favorite ... so are you!

    ReplyDelete