Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yep, That's Me

Ever have one of those days when you are the exact person you want to be?

Today is that day. Today, I am that me.

Today I am:
--a wife of a man I love and who loves me
--a woman who enjoys those looks of "Wow, I can't believe she's mine. She is amazing," that I see in my husband's eyes.
--a mom who is blessed with two children who have beautiful hearts, sound bodies, and arms that love to hug.
--a sister with wonderful brothers, spiritual and biological
--a loved daughter
--a friend who is sought out and valued
--appreciated
--joyful
--a guest speaker
--a writer
--a photographer
--excited
--expectant
--hopeful (there have been dark parts of my life when hope was not to be found. NEVER underestimate the power of being hopeful.)
--forgiven
--soaking in Grace
--warm
--comfortable
--peaceful
--useful (NEVER underestimate the power of feeling useful)
--calm
--amazed by the wisdom I hear come out of my mouth (ONLY God could do that, and it's such a delight to be the vessel He chooses)
--chosen
--in couraged
--encouraging
--thankful
--loved (deeply, faithfully, unquestionably)
--in need and sure the Lord will meet those needs
--imperfect, and okay with that
--comfortable in my own skin
--smiling
--ready to face the day

No comments:

Post a Comment