Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Gratitude 33--Out and About and Home Again

Some days--some weeks--leave me in quiet awe. This has been one of those weeks, and I am so grateful.

819. Daughter who finds passion in setting others free

820. Daughter's fearless evangelism that leads a young woman to the amazing love of Christ

821. Husband who takes daughter to Austin to learn the political process, the leading and growing of a godly nation

822. A job that allows Wonder Man to be involved in out of town activities with the children

823. Time with the Wonder Boy, game playing, art doing, movie watching...heart learning

824. Too quiet rooms filled with children returned home

825. Ice cream for upset tummies

826. Hot chocolate for sore throats

827. Long drives and deep talks

828. Couches with recliners on each end where mending bodies can rest and recoop

829. Curling up close and just being

839. Cake recipes, rich in chocolate

840. Husbands who diagnose broken computer batteries

841. Warranties

842. Plungers when necessary

843. Washing machines that work even at midnight

844. New socks for Wonder Boy

845. Rain...so needed...so appreciated

846. Youth leaders that bless, encourage, and nurture tender hearts

847. Friends who believe I can do things that feel bigger than I ever dreamed of being

848. Long talks with friends, planning and dreaming

849. Conferences in the making, hearts valued and precious

850. Beloved Ann, believing in grace, rejoicing in freedom

4 comments:

  1. Love the "heart learning" Jerri. What a blessed week you've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plungers when necessary made me chuckle just a bit...
    Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha, it has been a blessed week. We live good lives, don't we, my friend? Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, so good to see you! I ventured over to your blog, too. You would have really appreciated the plunger episode.

    Rob and I were asleep when we hear the scream that, while heart stopping makes you thankful the child can still scream. We ran down the hall to find our 12-year daughter standing on a towel in the middle of their bathroom, and the floor is covered in water from the overflowing toilet.

    She was screaming for help from her "island." Once our heart's returned to a regular rhythm, it was really funny.

    Hope you have a glorious day, and I look forward to getting to know you and your family more. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete