Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Life Moving On--Part 2

Today's goals:
5 thank you notes
walk my usual distance
one set of 15 reps on my weights
catch up on grading homeschool stuff

Reality:
Wrote several thank you notes
Bought special thank you notes
Went grocery shopping
Walked my usual distance
Did the 1 set with weights
Sorted the shoes in the bags in the living room and several of the shoe boxes. We ended up with 117 matching pair of shoes. We think we are over 1/2 way finished sorting shoes.

Life:
Slept horribly last night. Had a lot of nightmares. I think I remember that being the case when Dad died as well.
My patience is too short, and I'm overreacting to the kids. Only makes me annoyed at myself.
Can't believe how horrible my house smells after having Mom's shoes in here for a few hours. I love her, and unlike other people close to her, I am not angry she smoked. I just hate the smell in the house. I'll open up the windows in the morning while it is still in the 60s and 70s to let it air out.
Have to work on catching up on grading tomorrow.
I'm so tired I could have gone to bed at 8:00.
Still nauseaus after eating. Figure that will settle in time.
Fixed a nice supper.

All in all, though, it was a good day. I love having the kids with me. I love the calm after the storm of the last two months. I just want to sleep better...speaking of which, I'm off to bed. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment