Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Gratitude 39--Giving Thanks, November 2010

It has been a long time since I typed in a list of thanks...although my heart has been grateful for many things these last several months. I'll share more as time goes on, but for now...for these people and blessings...I am deeply grateful...

931. For my amazing children

932. For my CERT class, what I've learning...but more with whom I learning it.

933. Hard seasons that let the unncessary stuff die to make room for the good stuff to live.

934. Dena K. Walts, who thinks I am an answer and have something to give.

935. Raymon K. "Buck" Kelley, the perfect substitute dad in a season when "home" wasn't

936. Brian Hearn, who tells me I am worth the effort

937. Lisa Buffaloe, Christine Thomas, and Lori Freeland, who reply ASAP to joyfully and excitedly be references for my resume

938. Kevin Zuniga, with a heart of God

939. Pop Shires, who finds the heating element for my dryer in less than 48 hours, picks it up, and brings it to my house

940. Chris, who teaches me how to change out the heating element

941. Al, who offers to helpd cover costs for my mission trip next summer

942.  Rob for helping with the resume and garage.

943.  Leslie, who keeps me in her heart

944. Eryn Gruwell, who did her job with excellence and impacted the lives of her students...and us

945. CERT board, for seeing my potential

946. Val Roach, for always checking

947. Melanie Curl, for caring and noticing

948. Christmas ornaments for soldiers

949. CPT Ramona, former Army, for keeping us in the loop with soldiers to support

950. Contented smiles


holy experience


5.

1 comment: