Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Perfect Parenting

The patience of the Heavenly Father is mindboggling. He and I talked about that yesterday actually, but one thing I've also learned from Him is His idea of perfection isn't necessarily what we think it is. It isn't about perfect actions. It's about perfect heart.

One day of my kids made a mess in the kitchen, and I had that, "How hard is it (to simply get it right)?" mental tirade going, and God spoke so clear and gentle. "It isn't about teaching them to never make a mess. It's teaching them to take responsibility for their own messes and sometimes others' messes. That teaches a repentant character. It is also teaching them to trust your response to their mess because in your response, they are learning MY character."

I will tell you honestly, that last sentence brought me to my knees in tears. Does my response teach HIS character? In my response, do they see His strength, purpose, discipline, and concern for THEM not just my house or what others think or how much time it took me to clean that kitchen?

Is MY heart perfected to show His?

No comments:

Post a Comment