Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

As a Matter of Fact, I am Guarded

I'm struggling today. In fact, I'm really kind of angry, and I'm not shaking it like I normally do. Even with prayer, I'm not shaking it. Actually, every time I pray, I get angrier.

I was told my "guarded" state is preventing relationships, specifically romantic relationships. Here are my thoughts on that:

If I am guarded, maybe you should ask God what you did to cause it and/or how you should fix it.
It is not my job to chase you and convince you I am what you need. I am worth your pursuing me and demonstrating to me you are what I and my children need.
It is not my job to break into your world. If you want to be part of my world, ask.
If you have issues that make me "intimidating", my suggestion is for you to grow...up...and deal with your issues.
If you want to get to know me but find me unapproachable, find a new approach. Other people do it everyday, and they seem pretty okay with me being me.

Here are the simple truths:
I am worth pursuing.
I am worth the effort.
I believe as a daughter of God, I am to seek HIS face and heart first, and He will send the right man to seek me. If you do not have the courage or conviction to seek me, you are not the right man.
I am convinced of these truths and refuse to compromise them.

You call this "guarded". I call this a refusal to settle for less than what my Daddy has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment