Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

When People Hate Being Loved

I've been reading about this person and that person coming out as gay and how courageous they are for standing up for their beliefs. And I'm wondering.

If I come out as a Christian who stands for the Bible, traditional marriage, forgiveness for sin, living a godly life, and heaven not being for anyone who doesn't play by the rules to get there, does that make me courageous or a hater? Because here is the thing, I don't hate anyone.

I don't think those people coming out as gay hate me because I'm not. So why should people assume I hate them because I come out as a Christian? Because I don't agree with them? There are a lot of people I don't agree with, but I don't hate them. I just don't agree with them. There is a difference.

I don't hate people if they are gay, heterosexual adulterer, or a virgin; drunk or sober; drug addict or clean; victim of believing the lie of abortion or had 18 babies and counting; church goer or not. I don't hate them. However, I do believe with all that is in me that the only joy in this life comes from a relationship with God the Father and Creator through His Son Jesus, and the only door for that is confession of sins as defined by the book written via inspiration by God, the acceptance of forgiveness for those sins through the blood of Christ, and living out the salvation one claims to have. Because of that belief, if someone is living outside the guidelines presented by the Bible, I will call the actions wrong.

I tell my son when 7x8 does not equal 64. I could leave it like that so he could feel good about himself, but he would be wrong, and it would impact his life. Telling him the right answer may not make me popular with him, but if he listens, it helps him in life.

If know the truth of what God expects and the glory of what He offers and do not speak that truth, then I am really saying, "I know this is messing up your present life and will keep you from entering heaven for eternity and in fact, will send you to hell, but I don't care. I'm too afraid of making you angry or hurting your ego to do what is best for you." I don't tell people the truth out of hate. I tell people the truth because I know a better way.

I don't tell my son he is wrong because I think he is stupid or broken. I tell him because he doesn't know. It's not a judgment against him. It's just where he is. When I share the truth of Christ, it isn't in judgment of someone not following Him. I don't think they are stupid or bad. I think they don't know.

So what makes me a hater exactly? The fact that I think there are consequences to one's actions? The fact that I have the courage to stand against the lie that God is good and God is love  and He just wants people happy and would never send anyone to hell?

Well, God is good and He is love, which is why He sent Christ to die on a cross for the forgiveness of sins and redemption of lives. You can find that over and over. It is all over the New Testament. What I've never found, though, is a live any way you want for free card. It simply isn't in there.

Again, not hating. Just speaking the truth according to the Word of God.

Now, if you don't like that Truth, that is your choice. If you don't want to live by it, that is also your choice. I still love you, but I won't lie to you and tell you it's okay. Love wants the best for you. Hate doesn't care what happens to you. If I told you it's okay when it's not, THAT would be hatred, and even if you hate me, I love you too much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment