Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Praying Out Loud, March 16, 2015

Daddy,

Today I declare you are holy. That seems such a ridiculous thing to have to say, but in truth, we forget that. In the midst of singing Jesus Loves Me, laying out a wish list like you are Santa Clause, and taking coffee into your sanctuary so we are comfortable in your living room, we do not hold onto the fact you are holy. You are worthy of our praise, not because of the thousand great gifts but because you are God. The sun that came up this morning is your doing. The rain that falls is your doing. The brain that controls my fingers as I type is your doing. You are greater than my mind can comprehend. Your power alone should still me in my tracks to ponder the greatness of you. I don't need to be in awe of what you give me. I need to be in awe of who you are. So today, I declare you are holy. You alone are worthy of my praise. You alone are worthy to be God, to have the position of Lord in my life. Lord God Almighty, keep my eyes set on you. Keep my eyes set on the hugeness of you. I don't mean the hugeness of you to do things for me or the power of you to work on my behalf. I mean keep my heart focused on the vast, amazingness of YOU. Just you.

Thank you. I love you. Forgive me where I love you badly.
In the Almighty, lacking nothing, name of Jesus I declare your praise and lay this petition before you knowing you hear me and answer because it pleases you to do so, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment