Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, December 6, 2015

What I Feel I Need to Share Today

This morning as I sat here staring at my screen praying and asking if there is anything I could say that might may the remotest difference, I saw someone sitting in church needing to be found. I saw someone sitting on the back row with tears sliding down her cheeks. I saw a man sitting stoically with the weight of the world crushing him, wondering if God cared or if he was in this alone like he thought he was...but hoped he wasn't. I saw someone sitting in her car trying to find the courage to believe that "maybe this time" just one more time. And all of those people left wondering why they bothered.

I asked Him to show me His heart, so I could share it, and this is what He gave me.

If you are one of those people, I want you to know God sees your broken heart. He knows the weight you are carrying. He knows you are trying to be brave...either in the staying...or the leaving. You are not forgotten. You are not in this alone. The answers may not be instantaneous, but they are in Him. He loves you. Your prayers are not falling on deaf ears. He hears you, and He is working on your behalf.

For some of you, you need to ask how you are part of the problem so you can repent and quit.

But for some of you with the crushed heart who never expected to be "here", He knows. He grieves with you, and, yes, the road to healing is hard, but if you keep giving Him your weakness, He'll keep giving you His strength. Trust Him to heal you, even if it takes time.

I also feel there is someone praying for a prodigal and you are wondering a lot of things. You wonder if all you've taught them has fallen to nothing. Not all prodigals come home and you wonder if yours is one that is too far. You wonder if you had done things differently if things would be different. Put down the guilt, real or indulged emotion. Confess it and move on. I feel like the Lord is saying to keep praying and have joy knowing in His time, He will have the prodigal's heart. But quit nagging. That doesn't help. Your prayers will open the door for the Spirit to invade the prodigal's world.
May the Lord our God be with you today to meet every need, to lead you in the way of righteousness, and to give you strength to live holy and pure lives.

--Jerri Kelley--
--www.jerrikelley.com--

No comments:

Post a Comment