Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, December 5, 2016

A Prayer for Monday...and Everyday

Glorious King,
Prepare my heart today to serve you. Show me all things that keep me from fully serving you and help me put them down.
I ask you to be glorified in me. Speak your will and word into my life in ways I could not imagine or dream, not for what I get, but so people see who you are. Father, be exalted in me.
I ask you to show me concerns and anxieties and traditions of this life that prevent me from thinking on you and focusing on. I ask you to settle my spirit and mind that I would not be burdened by life here but that I would enjoy the pleasant blessings you give.
I ask you to open my eyes to the people around me who need a kind word, a hug, a pat on the back. Give me words to encourage. Show me how to live my faith in you and your power to change lives.
Father, for all those reading this, I pray that you would remind them that you meet people right where they are, but that isn't a pass to remain as they are because honestly, you have something SO much more wonderful than the way it has been. You have so much more for them than the way they have been. I pray that you would give them courage to believe they can be more, can live bigger.
I pray that you would put a lock on my mouth today and not let discouraging, critical, judgmental words come through. This is something I really don't like about myself, and this is something I really desire to be different about me. I see the imperfections and focus on those instead of seeing the progress. Change my perspective according to what you desire spoken into someone's life and someone's heart. Give me your heart because you always speak life. Forgive me for my critical discouraging outlook, I pray, and purify me from all unrighteousness as you promise in your word.
Father, I thank you for this day and your plans for it. I pray that I would not be so fixated on my plans that I miss yours or dismiss yours. Instead, I ask you to disciple and train me to keep my mind fixed on your plans so that we work together for your will and purpose.
I praise you, Lord, for you are so worthy of my greatest praise and my deepest gratitude. You are overwhelming with your beauty and kindness, and my heart is to love you and you alone.
I lay these petitions before you in the almighty name of Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment