Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Prayer for Those Awake in the Middle of the Night

Father,
It's 2:00 in the morning, and intead of sleeping, I am thinking of other folks who aren't sleeping.
I'm thinking of folks who are carrying incredibly burdens that won't let their minds rest, so their bodies are walking around exhausted but following the heavy thoughts.
I'm thinking of folks in hospitals sitting by the sides of loved ones, praying for miracles, thanking you that it wasn't worse, watching the sheet rise and fall knowing it won't belong before it no longer does.
I'm thinking of parents who would give everything they own to be rocking their baby right now but will never get that blessing again.
I'm thinking of spouses who are reaching across the bed with their foot only to find a cold spot.
I'm thinking of children wondering why Mom and Dad can't get along.
Lord, I'm thinking of the person who is hurting too much to sleep, not because their body hurts but because their mind and sould does.
Father, I am asking you in your infinite, mysterious power to step into the lives of these people and comfort them. Settle their minds. Soothe their hearts. Give them hope. You are the only source of hope in situaitons where there is no fix. You are the only comfort when the heart is crushed beyond repair. You are the only one who can carry people through some of the grief and pain they carry. I ask you to do that.
And I ask that you would bring them to this page, so they can see that YOU SEE THEM. They really need to know that. Because, Lord, I know when you are up in the middle of the night and your heart is hurting so much your body aches with it, you want to know God hears. You want to know He cares. You want to know that you matter, and, Father, these beautiful people matter. They are so precious. They are so valuable.
Father, be their peace and comfort. Be the one who gives them rest. Be the one who gives them hope. Strengthen them to keep moving through the pain and doubts and questions. And, Lord, when they don't know how to hold onto you, hold onto them. Oh, God, hold onto them.
Bring the people to be the hands and feet of Christ in their lives. Bring the words and the "signs" that give them hope and strength. Be the voice they may not really even be able to hear that tells them to hold on and not let go, to think beyond themselves, to realize they are loved and needed by others. Give them the ability not to be consumed by the loss or the pain or the anger.
Father, thank you that you are a God that keeps your eyes upon your people, even in the middle of the night, even when they rage against you, even when they hurt so much they don't know how to find you through the pain. Thank you for your love and mercy. Thank you that you are ever pursuing them. Thank you that you are a God who loves so deeply and personally.
Thank you for hearing my prayers on behalf of these very precious people. May they find you in the dark. I pray these in the name of Jesus, the Light that has come into the world that those in darkness may not be left there, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment