Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

What Next?!

I know some folks having a bad day...or a string of bad days. Been a bit intense here this week, too, and it is easy to get a "what next?" attitude. I want to share some "what next?" that we often forget--the crazy God answers.

WonderGirl and I took her almost undriveable car in to the body shop this morning. The back bumper was sticking way out on the side, which is not good on a plastic car, especially on major roads driving 70+ miles an hour. The man came out to do the est...imate. Looked at it. Got on the ground. Looked some more, and I knew the bumper would most likely have to be replaced, but I was getting nervous about structural stuff. Then he said, "Give me a minute." He went into the shop, got a screwdriver, and got on hte ground. He undid a screw, pushed the bumper back in, and put the screw back in. He bumped it with his hip, and it didn't move. The car is fixed. No claim. No money for fixing the screw. Just, "Y'all be blessed." Oh, sir, we already are. Thank you!

On the way home I was getting information about widening our driveway from the city secretary and mentioned WonderBoy may need surgery on his ingrown toe. She suggested trying pedicures first and told me her story. Same issue as WB, but surgery didn't help, so pedicure once a month does the job. That and essential oil to handle the pain and swelling so they can get the nail is a lot easier fix than surgery.

Then roofer #2 came to the house. VERY different story than roofer #1. He thinks insurance will cover the replacement with no problem, and he certainly didn't suggest lying to the insurance company. (Yeah, I know. Do you see why there is a roofer #2?)

No, not everything is fixed. Yes, there is more to be done, BUT "what next?" isn't always another blow or another exhausting thing. Sometimes "what next?" is an impossibly easy answer, a much easier option, or someone willing to walk through a hard process with you.

I really hope you have an amazing "what next?"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment