I have been asked if I think PTS is actually curable. Yes, I do, but there are key things required. Here is a list off the top of my head:
1. You have to own your part of the situation(s). I'm not saying take responsibility for someone else. I mean take responsibility for someone else.
2. You have to forgive yourself.
3. You have to forgive the party that inflicted the trauma.
4. You have to forgive the people involved in whatever conditioning or authority it took to put you in that place to begin with.
5. You have to quit blaming others. Stop being a victim. Something happened. Absolutely. But there is a different mindset in remaining a victim and saying, "Your actions don't have power over me."
6. Decide to take responsibility for your healing and work toward what a good life looks like to you. I don't just mean a nice house. I mean no panic attacks. I mean no trust issues. I mean all the mental and emotiona parts of a happy life. Choose them and work toward them.
7. Believe God is the ultimate word. This was the biggest thing in my healing and becoming whole. I decided from the get go that no person had the right to define me. Nothing they did defined me. Only the God who made me had the right to define me, and I would bow to no other words or actions but His, and He treats me GREAT and He loves me HUGE. THAT is where I live. That is what I own.
8. YOu won't ever be past trauma until you let God and the Spirit heal your soul. You cannot be whole apart from Him.
Trust me, I was not going to be a functional victim. That was not the "other side" for me. I am a whole person with absolute peace and confidance in God's plan and purpose for me. I know my value, and I am actively working with God to bring about His promises in my life. This is my other side I worked toward, and it was worth everything it took to get here.
Stay on the journey!