Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

"God, could You just tell me..."

Every so often--like A WHOLE LOT--I have one of those "God, if you could just tell me..." days. I'm curious. If God spoke in an audible voice to you today, what would you like to hear Him say? If you don't want to share with the group, please feel free to email me personally.

Just so I am not one of those people who ask the question but are too afraid to answer...

This morning when I sat down for my quiet time, I really just wanted to be enjoyed. Know the feeling? When you just want someone to enjoy you for your laugh, your quirky sense of humor, your fashion ocd-ness or your lack there of, all the things that make you who you are. That is how I wanted to be enjoyed today, and you know what? I know He does.

It wasn't an audible voice, but just a complete, unquestionable knowing, and I am overcome by His love.

2 comments:

  1. God speaks to my spirit. It's not audible, but I recognize his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Just last night, Donna was preaching about this: God enjoys us, no matter what, even when we've blown it. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that!

    ReplyDelete