Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'd Give You Peace

Dear Lord,

If I could give my loved ones anything this morning, I'd give them peace.

I'd give them peace within themselves that gave them courage to resolve the conflict of person they struggle with. I would give them peace to address inconsistencies that aggravate them. I would also give them peace that there is spirit...and there is flesh...and they are spiritual beings before you who happen to be spending time in a flesh body.

I would give them peace with you...so they could sit with you in the wonder of your presence and speak honestly to you about whatever hurts them, confuses them, amazes them, or angers them...even when you are any or all of the above.

I would give them peace with their situations...and the knowing that...Lord, I don't even know...so I'm just giving that one to you.

Lord, if I could give them anything right now, I'd turn off the tormenting voices, the painful regrets, the fears of wounds being touched and hurt again.

I'd give peace to the mind, heart, and spirit of every single one of them.

I would let them sleep or sit quietly or enjoy a watergun fight or...whatever their peace set them free to do and be...the part of them imprisoned by the lack of it. Lord, I'd give them back and give them the freedom to enjoy the part of them imprisoned by the lack of peace.

I can't do that. Would you do for them?

Thank you.

Amen

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jerri, you encourage me and challenge me daily. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that, ms. Jerri.

    I really did.

    I still do.

    Thank you,
    PX

    ReplyDelete