Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Merciful Firecrackers

You know one of the wondrous things about God is His amazing mercy.

He looks at us and says, "You are doing something stupid, and you know it is stupid, but you're still doing it. Obviously you need me to save you from yourself because that thing you think is a crackerjack is really an A-bomb in the making."

Then He gives us a hard slap on the wrist, and we whine about the slap on the wrist that saves us from the major explosion with potential to destroy us.

I am thankful for the slap on the wrist.

4 comments:

  1. I think I agree with you. Ouch anyway! God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or the smack upside the head because a mere wrist slap isn't enough! LOL! Or maybe that's just a me thing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, it really can be a huge "OUCH!" Thankfully, this time it was a great conversation that went something like this:

    "Daddy, I need help. I'm acting like a drug addict that can't walk away. I need you to remove the 'drug' for me."

    He said, "Not a problem. Glad to do that. Just don't go back to the crack house."

    And He removed it, and I haven't gone back. :-) The truth is He so wants us to be successful, and He will do whatever we need Him to for that to happen. Goodness, He put His Son on the cross. Do we really think He is afraid to jerk something bad for us out of our hands and listen to us scream like a two-year old? Nope.

    He is beyond wildly amazing. :-)

    Blessings, woman of God! You are a treasure!!!! And I give thanks for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mizzbrizz, it's a you thing. LOL!!!

    You so know better.

    In this case, it was a wrist slap, but I have had a few of those Gibbs-back-of-the-head-quit-being-stupid slaps myself. So glad He loves us enough to do that!!!

    Love and appreciate you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete