Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Demon: A Memoir...A Fictional Book or a Personal Reality

One of my favorite fictional books ever:
Demon: a Memoir by Tosca Lee

I really don't know how to describe it, but a bit about it...

Clay is a writer whose marriage and life have gone to pot, and he hasn't produced anything decent in who knows when. One day a meeting shows up on his calendar. He has no clue what it is, but he goes. The man he meets is a demon...and he wants to tell his story. Beginning with creation, the fall, and the rage-filled hatred for these creatures made of mud and continuing through the ways demons impact today's world on large and personal scales the story is told from the perspective of one bent on the destruction of these mud creations.

Not thinking it sounds that profound? Here is my favorite quote and the lead up to it.

Clay decides he wants nothing to do with this demon so he ignores him. One day Clay is in a bookstore, and sees this beautiful woman. Perfect actually, and his mind wonders into what he thinks would be fun. A bit later he realizes it is the demon. In a conversation later after the demon causes horrible things which Clay witnesses, Clay says he wants nothing to do with him because he is vile and heinous and wretched and all things hideous. The demon looks at him and says, "But I made you want me."

THAT is the enemy we are dealing with. One that can be all things horrific...that can make you want him.

Really. It's a good book. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment