Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Closing My Eyes

Something is wrong with my left eye. It feels like something is in it, but I can't figure out what. I haven't found anything. It is kind of swollen, probably from my aggravating it, and my vision is not like it is supposed to be. I can't really read. I can't type because of Arial font on a large setting. But watching TV is frustrating. Basically, if it requires my being able to see well, I'm out of luck.

So,  I lie with my head propped up, a pillow under my knees, and a cool washcloth on my left eye...and listen.

There is silence.

And God is in the silence.

I think of things going on right now over which I have no control. Things look crazy and questionable, and some of them look impossible, but things look like that to the human eye. They look too big, too hard, too crazy. They look like they have taken too long, settled in too deep, become too much of reality.

Sometimes the only way to see the change you know is to happen is to close your eyes...and listen.

Listen to the Lord who promises...
...if you seek Me you will find Me.
...I really never do leave you or forsake you and I have a way out if you are willing to walk it.
...not one of my words fails.
...I am not a man that I should like, or a human that I should change my mind. If I promised it, I'll bring it to pass.
...nothing is impossible for me.
...I don't always give you what you want, but I give you what brings you to me.
...I lead you in paths of righteousness for My name's sake, and if I lead you through the valley of the shadow of death, it's because there is something you need to learn there that you cannot learn elsewhere...and I'm with you in it.
...I am the good Shepherd. Heed my voice, and it will turn out for your good.
...if you confess your sins, I am faithful. I will forgive you and purify you from all unrighteousness.
...I am for you.
...sometimes the mess you are in is flat out your fault. I won't take responsibility for it, but I will be compassionate and help you deal with it and be blessed despite it. If possible, I'll walk you out of it. If not, I'll be with you and bless you live in it and deal with the consequences.
...you are better off spending time quiet with me than in the noise that distracts you from me.
...sometimes the most distracting noise is what you see, and the best thing that can happen is for me to give you something that forces you to close your eyes...so you can stop seeing all the stuff...and start hearing only Me.

Closing my eyes now....

No comments:

Post a Comment