Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Prayer Meditations on Hard Days

As we all know, some days hit like a freight train, or enough days in a row with a hard hit each day, and it gets overwhelming. When we get overwhelmed, we have two responses: shutdown or go into default.

Default can be a blessing or a beast. It all depends on what we have fed within ourselves. Today, I'm battling the beast. See, the battle against the beast doesn't happen when we slam into default mode. The battle with the beast takes place when we choose who we will be when the road falls right out from under us and how we plan to respond. Today, I am choosing to be wholly dependent.

So today I am getting still and leaning on Truth.

The Lord is my shepherd,
and He gives me everything I need.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Ye though I was through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear evil of any kind
because He is with me.
His rod and His staff comfort me.
He prepares a table before me right in front of my enemies.
He anoints my head with oil
and my cup overflows.
Surely He will wrap me in goodness and mercy all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.
Psalm 51
 
The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
He is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
Exodus 15:2
 
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.
James 4:10
 
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:6
 
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
Psalm 37
 
Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid.
Do not be discouraged.
For the Lord your God goes with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9
 
I will not be discouraged or afraid because I know that even if I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I need not fear evil for my Lord is with me. He goes before me. He prepares a table for me right in the middle of my enemies so they know Whose I am. He sustains me even in the hardest most intense battle. He leads me with this staff so I go the right direction. He protects me with His rod. Though I stumble and make mistakes, the Lord will not let them ruin me because He delights in me. Even right now when I am saying, "This feels really big," He delights in me. He delights in being strong for me. He delights in my coming to Him for help. In my weakness, He will show Himself to be strong. He is my strength and deliverer. He is my help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1).
 
Psalm 34:19
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.
 
Doesn't mean they disappear in a wisp of smoke, but it means no matter how deep the valley or how dark the shadows, God is in.
 
Father, thank you for being in my valley, for being my strength, for being my wisdom in addressing all the needs, for being my encourager. Thank you for being my peace. Thank you for creating in me a pure heart that is not heavy with the weight of all this, but a heart that is alloyed with nothing but you, a heart that sees the possibilities and answers, a heart that is steadfast and allows you to bring new things into existence. Give me a steadfast spirit, Lord, that prepares my thinking for future events you want to unfold. Renew me to the joy of knowing you didn't just save my soul from hell but you are saving me everyday from things that discourage me. Sometimes you even save me from me. Thank you for being the rock I can always lean on. Thank you for being my faithful Shepherd.
 
Thank you.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment