Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Thank You for Being Part of My Child's "Village"

Dear Mr. Police Officer,

This morning you stopped my daughter in the early morning hours on her way to do volunteer work at church. She said she was driving along, looked down, realized she was doing 75 in a 60, touched the brakes to slow down, and saw lights in her rearview mirror. I want you to know I believe her.

I also want you to know...

I really appreciate you.

I appreciate your stopping her when she was driving irresponsibly.
I appreciate your talking to her about the weather conditions, her speed, and safety.
I appreciate your being courteous, kind, and respectful.
I appreciate your telling her to have a good day.

When that young lady you stopped was born 19 years ago, there was a saying, "It takes a village to raise a child." That stuck in my head. Thank you for stepping in today and being part of that village. Thank you for taking care of the most precious thing I have on this earth. I know you were just doing your job, enforcing laws, but that law you enforced keeps my family safe, and in weather like we had today, she shouldn't have been going the speed limit, little less going OVER the speed limit, so thank you for stepping in when she wasn't making a wise choice. And, yes, I do believe her speeding was an accident, but it was a dangerous accident, and perhaps because of you, it will be an accident that doesn't happen again. I appreciate that.

Mr. Police Officer, thank you for doing your job. Thank you for doing it very well today. My daughter is home safe and sound. I appreciate that you were part of making sure she was.

God's blessings to you, sir.

With sincerest appreciation,
Jerri Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment