Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Semper Fidelis' FB Page...Prayerfully, A Light in the Dark

As I explained in my previous post, I have spent a lot of time praying about my "special" thing or "gift" when it comes to ministry. Some folks are great with kids. Some are great in the area of marriage. What about me? While I can talk about kids (I have two amazing ones) and relationships, the thing that really moves my heart are the people who are battling trauma, grieve, loss, and darkness. If I could do anything in the world, I would give people hope. I would reach into their dark places, their scary places, their hurting places, and give them peace and hope. I have been praying a lot about how to minister to people who are hurting, and the Lord kept nudging me with the idea of a therapy dog. In my closed-minded stubbornness, I dismissed that voice until I found myself texting Morgan about a therapy dog. I have also spent years praying about my "voice" as a writer. Today, I think I realized it, at least part of it, and it sounds like a puppy...that is really cute...that can talk about hard topics without being judgmental or threatening or scary, and if i can use that puppy's "voice" to help people find their way through to the other side of the dark places, then I am going to, so, along with Semper Tails blog, Semper Fidelis also has her own Facebook page. Please feel free to share it with anyone who might be blessed by it. Not only will Semper be writing about her tales, she'll also share important phone numbers for hotlines, ways to take care of oneself, and so on. And if you think about it, pray for us. This is quite the adventure we have chosen to walk. It is exciting, but there is also housebreaking to be done...and I am looking for one of my shoes. Blessings and puppy love, Jerri and Semper Fidelis

No comments:

Post a Comment