Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Some Days I Just Wish Someone Thought I was that Kind of Special, and God Does

I love God. Even when I don't like His choice of roads much, I love Him.
There are days when He utterly overwhelms me.

You know, I have been single nearly 7 years now, and I haven't dated...like at all. Today I walked by the bouquets at the grocery store, and I had just a moment of...I couldn't tell you the last time someone gave me flowers, but I think it was a friend of mine six years ago because she passed them in the store and thought of me. And really, it is okay that I don't get flowers. It is okay that I haven't dated. But some days, it would just be nice to be. ..the one someone thinks of, calls just because, or gives flowers to. I'm human that way.

This morning I sat in my rocker praying about something very specific, and I had the simple Thought, "Wait for it." And there was this sense that it would just suddenly be answered. While I sat there, I had this is thought to watch the sunrise, which was nuts because we had clouds, but I stood at my window and watched the clouds turn pretty colors, and then they sort of broke up and lifted from the horizon. In the next minute, the sun broke over the horizon, just under the clouds. I just stood and smiled. Okay, so a sunrise sometimes trumps flowers.

I prayed and watched the sun until the light was too bright, and I told the Lord about something that was bothering me, and an hour or so later my friend Debra called and said she wanted to tell me a story. It was the perfect encouragement. It is nice to get calls because He is thinking about me, you know?

Then this afternoon the Lord and I were discussing my writing, videos I am working on, and my business I am developing, and I told Him honestly, I know there will be haters. I am not sure how to deal with the haters. Then I read Kristina Kuzmic''s post about the hate comments she gets and her response. Just posted today. Now did God do that just for me? He loves me enough that He very well may have.

And then, there are the THREE letters TODAY about the crazy way our insurance may or may not work next year, and I just...hate this, and I heard so sweetly, "Don't worry. I got this. It'll be fine," and you know what? I believe Him. You know why? Because Love is trustworthy, and today He has loved wide open.

Yeah, sometimes the road isn't my idea of happy trails, but I sure love the One who walks these roads with me.

Jerri L. Kelley
Www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment