Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, December 4, 2017

When Your Monday is Too Hard for Words

So, Monday is coming in hard and heavy, and it might be just a bit breathtaking in not all the most wonderful ways. I've been thinking of what I would tell you if I were sitting with you sipping sweet tea right now, and I finally figured it out.

Sometimes I simply didn't have words. I couldn't pray. I couldn't communicate how i felt. I couldn't process. There were no words, and it felt like I was just trapped in the so-freaking-hard with no way out. I would end up uttering s...omething incredibly profound like, "God, help me." Often, a verse or just a sentence or two would come to mind. Maybe lyrics from a song, and I would sit in stillness and just speak those lines over and over and over.

Honestly, I don't remember any "wand" moments where it felt like God waved a magic wand and POOF! it was better, but, I do remember feeling like I was out of the dark fog, like a spell was being lifted, like oppression was being lifted. It helped.

It helped me get to a place where I could breath and knew I could stand up and keep moving. It allowed me not to be in the "hell moment" anymore, and that was vital.

So, beloveds, if you were here right now, I would give you some sweet tea and a rocker on my deck in the sun, and we woulds it together and meditate on whatever verse, lyrics, or sentences you have. Since we are not together, you can do that where you are. If you want, share them with me, and I will pray them with you for you. Our prayers will rise as incense before the Lord because leaning into Him is an offering of praise, and He finds it beautiful.

My heart and prayers are with you...
Jerri L. Kelley
www.jerrikelley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment