Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas Thoughts to Carry Into the New Year

I realize we are past Christmas, but I think too often the "lessons" of Christmas are lost in the "back to normal" of January. I received this from a friend, and it struck a chord with me. In light of my recent entries, it seemed appropriate to post. I hope it blesses you.

1 CORINTHIANS 13 CHRISTMAS VERSION

If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another decorator.

If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime, but do not show love to my family, I'm just another cook.

If I work at the soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity, but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.

If I trim the spruce with shimmering angels and crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata, but do notfocus on Christ, I have missed the point.

Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside decorating to play a game.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love doesn't envy another's home that has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love doesn't yell at the kids to get out of the way, but is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love doesn't give only to those who are able to give in return, but rejoices in giving to those who can't.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust.

But giving the gift of love will endure.

Merry Christmas!

-- Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Awesome rendition. I love it. :)

    "Forget about what's happened;don't keep going over old history.Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands."

    Isaiah 43:18&19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by your prayer touch my hear and almost had me in tears but I don't want to cry b/c I will get worst.But I recive your prayer and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.blessing, marina
    PS.we both love the beach

    ReplyDelete