Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Don't Tell Me What I Don't Know

In my last post, I referenced the scripture the Lord gave me for this year, and I talked briefly about the battle I was engaged in over the promises that scripture holds. I had not planned to write more about it, but today, I found it at the forefront of my thought-processes again.

The Lord has given many promises to my family, and both my husband I agree this is the year the Lord is going to fulfill them or at least put them in action. I don't believe the promises for my writing or photography will be fulfilled in a year. Instead, I expect this year to be the point when those promises become reality in the physical realm and then grow to full fruition according to the Lord's timing and purposes. There are some promises, however, that we believe will come to pass in their fulness this year. One of those promises deals with our place of residence.

It has always been in our hearts to own land in the country. When we bought our present home eight years ago, we never planned for it to be our "forever" home. It was the home that was most sensible for our lives at the time. Now, our needs have changed, and the feeling of restlessness has affected everyone in the family.

Again, we find ourselves praying. Our long term goal is to have a house with a separate guest quarters. We would like a pool and a fishing tank as well. The fishing tank needs to be big enough for a row boat to slide across gently and take its time floating back.

While that might seem extravagant to some, we believe it is important. Our goal is not to merely have a house on land where we go hide from the rest of the world. We want to create an oasis for folks to visit and get some renewal. We have found that everyone needs some time away, but not everyone can afford lodges, B&Bs, or hotels. Some folks get away to a destination, but sometimes they don't want to get away to somewhere as much as getting away from somewhere. We want a place where folks can get away, fish some, sit some, float in the water some, rest a lot.

Today we looked for the perfect land for our little oasis. We did not find the land the Lord has picked out, but we are undaunted. I pulled out my computer and wandered through a myriad of listings on Realtor.com and found a few potential spots. We'll chat with our realtor tomorrow.

While we have potential areas for our home, we don't know exactly where it will be. We don't know exactly how we will handle my photography in small town Texas. We don't know how it will affect our family schedule. We don't know when Rob's software company will be full-time self-employment. We don't know a lot of things.

Frankly, looking at our list of "don't knows" can be very discouraging. In fact, it can make us just cancel the hunt and hide where we are.

In fact, this is a tactic the enemy likes to us on me a lot, and from what I've read, he uses it on a lot of folks, which is why I decided to write about this again. The enemy wants us to fixate on all the things we don't know. What we don't know looks like a gaping hole that will swallow us whole, driving us to make erratic decisions that ultimately end up in our misery. It is better to do nothing than potentially go the wrong direction.

That is what Satan wants us to believe.

However, there are a few things I do know. I know Satan is a liar. He is the exact opposite of God. If he points to the black hole where wisdom is lost, there must be a shining light where wisdom is found. I simply need to look at that. If Satan tells me God left me to wander aimlessly, God has a purpose and will lead me to its fulfillment. My God is not an aimless God. If I am wandering aimlessly, it's my fault, and I need to stop and get focused again. If Satan says a promise will never be fulfilled, perhaps I need to stop and ask if the promise is for now.

I know my God is faithful.
I know my God is loving.
I know my God gives good gifts.
I know my God has good plans for me.
I know my God is generous.
I know my God is kind.
I know my God loves me.
I know my God loves to bless His people.
I know my God is merciful.
I know my God has vision.
I know my God created me for a purpose.
I know my God created everyone in my family for a purpose.
I know my God will overcome every plan of the enemy to accomplish His plans for us.
I know my God is working everything out at this very minute so He can pour good things out onto and through my family.
I know my God is All Mighty
I know my God is always successful.
I know my God is perfect.

After all, it really isn't about what you know. It's all about Who you know. I know my God, and that's all I need to know.

5 comments:

  1. I find it hard to wait for the dreams to be fulfilled.
    I am glad that God is stirring the dreams in you.

    Many blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fine not to know everything as long as we do know HIM. It will be exciting to see where He plants you next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The timing of your post is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete