Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's Great to Be Me!!!!!

Jan tagged me on Bold and Free, and I'M IN!!! I love this!!!

I am excited for different reasons, but the quick version is God. (I'm imaganing your faces and responses, and I'm laughing...hard.) The Lord told me homeschool was changing this year, and last fall, it was different, but we aren't where we are going yet because God said we are going to change it more this year.

One of our changes we implemented yesterday was "Thank You, God". "Thank You, God" is a journal we each have, and we write at least five things that make us say, "Thank you, God." It could be something great that happened (like getting an article published or a part in the play, an everyday something that we realize isn't everyday for everyone (like a warm bed), a special thing (play time with Daddy), an answered prayer (we list the prayer and answer), or anything else.

When Jan tagged me for "It's great to me!", I knew it was confirmation for what the Lord has been teaching me (I HAVE to find time to journal all that!), and, friends, it is REALLY great to be me. Let me tell you why:

1. I believe the Lord's plans for me are good and His promises are yes and amen.
2. I have wondrous friends who believe the Lord's plans for me are good and His promises are yes and amen, and when I falter, they either stand over me and war for me, or they jerk me up by my shirt collar and ask me what in the world I'm doing eating crumbs.
3. We have the luxury of homeschooling.
4. We have the ability to allow our children to pursue their talents and passions.
5. My husband totally rocks! (AND, he's a babe.)
6. I have a family and friends who truly believe in my gifts and abilities.
7. When I go to make lunch, I have enough food to have options.
8. My husband loves me.
9. The Lord has blessed me with two great dads, one that passed away nearly 5 years ago and my stepdad.
10. My children love church.
11. Music abounds in our home.
12. I can type this, and it doesn't hurt to do it.
13. Another prodigal family member has returned to Christ.
14. I fasted for 10 days, and now I don't crave chocolate!!!!
15. My friends know I am quirky...and they love me for it.
16. I know the problems that I am looking at today have solutions, and God is faithful to lead me to those solutions so that we are not just "okay" but we prosper and rejoice.
17. My children love God.
18. Fish sticks and macaroni cheese for lunch.

And what is so great about being you? We want to know!!! Leave a comment saying you want to play so we can link over to you.

Have a GLORIOUS day being you!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I've enjoyed reading everyone's great to be me comments :) So much better than woe is me comments :) I'm sure the great to be me comments make God smile :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerri -

    I thought I'd posted a comment but I must have been called away from my computer. Thanks for playing. I loved doing this meme because it's all about affirming what God is doing in your life.

    And how great that God used it as confirmation. I love it when He does that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would absolutely love to play! Tell me how...

    It's great to seee God working in everyone's life!

    ReplyDelete