Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Because the Only Way to God is God's Way

Stop! Listen to me a second. Some of you need to hear this because it can't totally change your day, your week, and your life.

God loves you, and He is for you, but He can't bless you if you choose to do things in opposition to Him. He cannot bless what goes against His nature, character, or laws. He will not bless manipulation, revenge, or cruelty. He will not bless sin. He will not bless you to keep sinning. If there is something in your life that takes you further from Him, He will not bless it. He may give you over to it if you are determined to have it, but that is not His blessing. That is His letting you have your way so you can see what a failure that road is.

If you are tired of living that life, if you are ready to be blessed, have peace, and find Him, turn to Him in repentance, meaning confessing that you've been doing it the wrong way and want to do it His way. Ask His forgiveness, which He grants with lavish generosity, and seek His heart and His way of doing things.

You don't have to try to fix your mess on your own. You don't have to try to escape the addiction on your own. You don't have to fill that hole caused by the failure of those who should have covered you and loved you on your own. He can and will fix it for you, but He will fix it HIS way, and He wants to start fixing it today, right now.

I'm praying for you today. If you want to know more or need personal prayer, let me know. God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment