Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Prayer to Make a Real Difference

This came up in my memory feed this morning from a page I don't work with anymore, don't have time. I still pray this, though, as a writer and a person, because when you are on top of the mountain or feeling fierce or walking on water, there are innumerable memes on FB to speak to that. There are untold quotes calling forth the warriors and the lionesses and the lions, but when you feel broken beyond words and you are battered beyond beliefa and the blood and bruises cover your body and all you can do is kneel in the mud of your life and hope the King comes soon because without Him, you are never getting out....and the vicoes tell you to pray harder, believe more, read the Bible longer, or just do something else...there needs to be a voice that says, "Yeah, I've been in your hell. I've been face down on the battlefield shocked at how much I could hurt and still breathe. I know what it is like to see the impossible all around you when you can't get to your knees, little less to the victory line. I know where you are, and I'm here to tell you, it is not hopeless. I am here to remind you to breathe. I am here to remind you that God is still restoring lives and still working the impossible and still shattering dark with blazing light and still showing up when you least deserve it and still loving you and believing in you when you can't believe how hard you've fallen or how faithless you feel. The King has not forgotten you. Don't give up on the King."
 
I pray to God to be that voice.
 
My prayer from two years ago...
 
Dear God,
Give me the courage to be real.
To be real about my heart.
To be real about the hard.
To be real about the victories.
To be real when I'm on my knees, bleeding wondering when you are going to save the day.
To be real when the answer comes that could only be from your hand because it would be impossible otherwise.
To be real with my questions.
To be real about what I know.
To be real in my faith.
To really live with fierce passion for you.
 
--Jerri L. Kelley--

No comments:

Post a Comment