Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

When Heaven Invades Home Depot Space

Gotta tell you about the cool happening this morning.
 
Last week I told you how I prayed for the Lord to give me strength in my knee so I could get back on the road and get ready for the 10k in November, and He did. In fact, I have only had one mild episode with my knee since then.
 
This morning I was so tired when I had to go back to Home Depot for another 10 bags of sand. I had already emptied 15 bags and smoothed them and laid over half the pavers, and I was tired.
 
So I'm in Home Depot, and the helper crew was busy, so I started loading the 60-pound bags of sand, which is not the same as bench pressing 60 pounds. Bench press is easier. Sand is like a limb body in a slick sleeping bag. I had loaded 8 of them and was pulling the other two, and I honestly prayed, "Lord, I need help." Seconds later, I hear, "Ma'am, how many more do you need?" A man was reaching in to get my other two bags for me. I told him. He loaded them. I blessed him in Jesus' name, and he went on. So did I.
 
I checked out and waited and waited for a HD person to load the bags for me. Finally, I told the cashier I was going to see if I could load them, but if anyone came, PLEASE send him to my truck.
 
I got to the truck and prayed for the Lord to give me strength to load 600 pounds of sand. I got 4 bags in, and I really had no idea how I was giong to get the other 6 bags, but God is faithful, right?
 
Then a truck stops, blocking the drive area, and out gets that same man. I just said, "You are my hero today." He said, "No. I am your blessing today."
 
Y'all...speechless...I told him I had waited but finally gave up, and he said, "That is because you were waiting for me."
 
And he loaded the other 6 bags, shook my hand, BLESSED ME in Jesus' name (like he hadn't already blessed me?!), and thanked me for letting him help!!!
 
Isn't God amazing how sometimes He puts strength into your body and sometimes He brings somebody else to share their strength?
 
Yeah...this daughter is feeling the wonder of her Daddy today.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment