Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent Day 1--From my Journal

"Give up everything you feel you have to do for me and dow hat brings you pleasure.
I want to show you that it is not yoru actions that bring me pleasure...but you."

Today, on this first day of Lent, I am pondering this idea that the God of the universe wants me to know He enjoys me. I am pondering the idea that what God really wants is for me to enjoy His joy and pleasure in me.

Ludicrous, isn't it, that the God of the universe wants nothing more from me than to enjoy how much He loves me?

Prayer for today:
Lord, show me anything I do because I feel it earms me favor.

Show me anything I do because some warped theology says You expect me to do some miserable thing because somehow mental or emotional flogging makes me more godly and more pleasing to You.

Show me anything I do that comes from the idea that my being in mental, emotional, or physical pain somehow gives You pleasure.

Reveal my false or twisted ideas of what You are that drive these false ideas of who You expect me to be.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I think I am just going to go around letting God know that I ditto what you said. Because I do!

    ReplyDelete