Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Soul Whisperings--When It's Not You...Again

Oh, Heart, it is easy to wonder why you seem to be the one being passed over when you pray and pray and stand and trust and hope, and one day you can't stand anymore and wonder why you hope at all. Faith feels like folly and maybe...maybe you missed it...maybe it was all your idea and not really His promise at all...or maybe you've just made such a mess of things...maybe YOU are such a mess at things that...I know. You can't even bring yourself to speak the words, but the pooling eyes tell it all. So, Heart, let me tell you, and I will tell you straight up truth.

He is keeping something from you.

He is keeping from you the pain of badly timed heart giving that will only crush you.
He is keeping from you the option of settling for something when He has the heart to give you everything.
He is keeping from you the cheap fillers when He is the only one that can possibly fill.
He is keeping you from believing something is better than nothing because He knows "nothing" is the perfect beginning for Him to create something you've never imagined.

Yes, Heart. The quiet is deafening when all you hear is what isn't there, and it's deep and filling when you realize it is in that silence that He sings to you His love song. Oh, Heart, do you hear Him singing?

No comments:

Post a Comment