Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Why Right Now is so Important

Lots of talk about the new YEAR and what to do with the YEAR. I've been practicing asking the Lord what to do with TODAY or even more precise RIGHT NOW because I don't know what tomorrow will bring or even an hour from now will bring. I'm not being morbid. I'm being honest.

Jesus said, "Give us THIS DAY our daily bread." He said to focus on today and let tomorrow take care of itself. This is how I am learning to live, and it is because of that that I share this with you.

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was an amazing day with my kids. It was the best birthday ever. I loved yesterday. First time in nearly a month I was both pain-free and med-free from the pain in my sinuses and mouth due to dental work and its complications. I am telling you. It was like a gift hand wrapped by God. It was that good.

Then today.

The hole in the sinuses reopened, so the every time I breathe, nerves are hit...again. I feel like I have a nail stabbing into my upper jaw bone. My amazing body is doing its job to heal it by trying to cover it, so now my sinuses are filled with thick sludge, which further aggravates things when I sniffle, and I am having ocular migraines, which means areas of my vision become impossible to see because they become opaque and blurred. Sometimes it is right in the middle of my vision. Sometimes there are multiple ones.

Between the sludge and the pain, my stomach feels the need to rebel by refusing to hold down food I eat, which isn't a really big deal because the top of my mouth hurts so much I don't even like squishing food against it.

To say I am not the best mom in the world today would be an understatement. Days like today, I pray for God to cover my kids' hearts and let their hearts and souls not remember them...except for my gratitude for how they step up and take care of things.

This isn't the worst day I've had in the last month, but it is certainly not on the level of yesterday.

Y'all, I don't care if you're tired.

Play the game with your kids.
Spend focused time with your spouse.
Make that call you need to make to your friend to make sure things are okay.
Make the most of THIS moment.
Enjoy THIS moment.
BE enjoyable.

It's easy to think we'll fix things or be better tomorrow, but tomorrow is a mirage. Right now is the opportunity God gives. Make this most of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment