Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayers for Connecticut

Oh, Holy God, I lift up to you the families in Connecticut.

 Lord, grab hold of them and don't let go because there will be times they simply do not have the strength to hold on to You.
Send the right people to come in, take them by the hurting by their  hands, treat their hearts as treasure, and lead them through this darkness.
Oh, God, let hurtful answers and cliche's fall on deaf ears.
Send warriors to step in and fight for these families, to fight their way through this unfathomable void to life again. I know right now they feel the oppression of death. Father, only you can get them through this dark place and to a place of life again. Send your angels in heavenly and earthly form to lead and aid as these people need.
I pray for your warriors to come along these hurting people and help them battle through this darkness using practical means, presence means, and prayer means.
Holy God, meet every need on every level and be as faithful to them and theirs as You have been to me and mine.

 

Oh, Holy God, I am asking You to be with the responders to today's tragedy in Connecticut. I cannot fathom what it was like to walk into that school, to hold bodies of children, to see their children's faces. I cannot imagine the feelings when they learned the one who committed this horrific act had taken his own life. I cannot imagine the sense of injustice they must feel. Holy God, give them people to truly walk them through the healing process from this tragedy. Give their families understanding and strength because this...oh, God, this is hell invading earth, and these men and women have to find their way back out of it. Send your ministering angels in the spirit and in the flesh to give aid. Be with them as they try to sleep, as they close their eyes and see these lost ones, as they bed to kiss their own babies good night...but only see faces of those whose parents will never tuck them in or whose spouses and children will never give them goodnight hugs. Oh, God, you alone are the light in this darkness. You alone. You are the only hope of healing. Cling to them. Hold on to them when they have no clue how to hold on to you. Thank you for being the warrior who fights for those who fight for us. With all my heart...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment