Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, December 31, 2012

When Both Parents are Gone

One of my very precious friends lost his dad over the weekend. He posted late last night that this was his first night withput a parent.

Tears fell as I read his words and understood the emotional and mental altering of the world he must be experiencing. In response, I wrote the short piece below.

For those who are adjusting to the world without the place you've always known was home...at least to your heart...my heart goes out to you, and I pray God grants you comfort and peace as you find your way through.

God be with you,
Jerri


It is a different place to be when both your parents are gone. I don't care how old you are. Having a parent is like having a pier you can always find your way back to and a place to tie up your life. It is a settling thing. In your mind you know there is something you are attached to and part of and there is a heart and mind security in that. When both parents are gone, there is a different sense of responsibility, a feeling like your mooring has been cut and you have to find a new way to anchor yourself. It isn't a bad place because it is part of how God set the world to work, but it is a hard place, nonetheless. And God in heaven it is a place with an ache like none other the heart has ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment