Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Where Prayer is Needed

I keep hearing people say we need to get prayer back into schools. However, prayer in school has always been an option, just ask any child facing a test. Prayer in school is as pointless as prayer in church...unless it is taken home.

We need to get prayer back into homes--around kitchen tables, around a family altar (and I don't mean the TV during a football game), and by beds at night. If we want to see America change, we do from our homes out. The question is whether we are willing to be responsible to make the hard choices required to be the change we keep saying we want to see.

Instead of praying IN school, we need to be praying ABOUT schools, about teachers, about leaders.

We need to be praying about the education of our children in school...and in our living rooms.

We need to pray about what our kids are learning from the kid down the street...and what our kids are learning from us.

We need to do more than pray FOR our kids. We need to pray in front of our kids and pray WITH our kids.

To say we need to put prayer back in schools takes the responsibility from the leaders who are preventing it to the kids who aren't getting to do it.

What these kids need is for parents to stop dumping the responsibility on everyone else, get on their knees, and do the job themselves like they are supposed to.

1 comment: