Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Friday, December 14, 2012

Finding Relevance

I have just finished scheduling part eleven--ELEVEN--of a series about grief and helping and support and...there is so much more running through my mind, but there are already ELEVEN posts. Is it really smart to write MORE?!

Seems sort of hyperfocused to me. Not my idea of a topic to read a large audience, and surely God wants to reach a large audience. He wants His word out, right? And yet, every time I sit down--or just try to sleep--this topic about grief and helping others in the midst of loss or trauma sits right in the forefront of my mind...so I keep writing...and I'm wondering...

What am I doing?!

My mind worries.

What if in the next 11 scheduled posts people find me depressing or babble-some? What if readers begin to suspect my closest neighbor has a perpetual cloud over him and has a hard time keeping up with his tail? What if people decide I am wholly NOT undaunted? What if people see no reason to keep reading?

What if people don't find these ELEVEN posts relevant?

What He keeps speaking to me is that numbers are not relevant.

The Lord sometimes feeds multitudes, but it wasn't a crowd standing around a well at happy hour that had His heart. It was one woman who walked up when the sun was hot so no one would see.

When He walked into that graveyard, He wasn't looking for an adoring crowd. He was looking for a man who needed to find sanity in a crazy world.

It wasn't about the numbers.

It was about a lonely woman at a well who had succumbed to public opinion...only to find out Jesus' opinion is the only one that mattered...and a man in a graveyard who had succumbed to the craziness of this world...who found out real sanity is found in Christ alone.

Being found is always relevant.

1 comment:

  1. Please keep writing. Your message matters. It IS helping and I am sure it's not just helping me. I think this is especially important in light of the most recent tragedy at Sandy Hook.

    ReplyDelete