Pages

UNDAUNTED
For a few very hard years this word was my mantra.
The word means
-undismayed; not discouraged; not forced to abandon purpose or effort
-undiminished in courage or valor; not giving way to fear
But the truth is, I was often dismayed by everything that had taken place, and I did battle discouragement. I battled fear and doubts. I hurt and was angry, and sometimes "undaunted" sounded more like a mockery than a mantra, and I was determined to be real about all of it in these posts, thus the name, Undaunted Reality. More than that, though, I was determined to live undaunted, not because I'm so great or strong, but because my God is, and no matter what this world looks like, He is the only reality that matters.
I pray I live the reality of Him beautifully undaunted.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

The One Thing You Can Say that Always Makes a Difference

I keep watching this group and that group give their take on the Connecticut nightmare, and as I watch gun owners yell for more freedom to shoot bad guys and gun haters yell for more gun bans to stop bad guys and this group scream for prayer in school and that group scream about their pet purpose, I just keep thinking...

There are parents who will never hear their kids say, "I love you," again, never feel arms around their necks in a hug, never hear the wonder of their child's laughter.

There are siblings who will grow up without a brother or a sister.

There are children who lost parents who will never feel arms around them, the tears wiped away, or the words, "I love you," ever again.

There are empty table seats, empty beds, and empty life places.

There is a hole the size of a human life for every body carried out of there.
Those are not numbers.
Those are people whose lives are gone, and there are lives who will have to try to find a way through that horrific loss.

People say all they want about this cause or that philosophy, but ultimately...

In three or four days there will be a series of services to remember the lost.
Less than a week after that parents, spouses, children will walk through a day called Christmas and all the gifts under the tree will mean nothing because all they will want back are the people they love...and there is no magic to bring them back.

And the one thing anyone can say that will make any difference at all...is a prayer.

2 comments:

  1. We long to have some way to fix or correct or protect in the face of things we cannot understand. We come up with solutions as we seek answers to the unfathomable. You are right, though, His word tells US to seek first His kingdom! To not worry about tomorrow. He has this, US, in the palm of His hands, but trusting that when there are people who kill children like they're cattle leaves more questions than answers and that is hard for our hearts and minds to get around. So, instead of seeking His truth or His answers, we seek man's. Our own. And still we come back divided and lost. When will we learn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering a blog post response....

    ReplyDelete